Natural Resource Forum (NAREF)
A unified organization championing the interest of the entire ecosystem of subsector in Natural Resources. Partnering with government towards sustainable economic development and wealth creation through natural resources.
SOME PROPOSED ACTIONS 2022
- Support effective Community-Based Natural Resource Management (CBNRM) practices. There is a need for a consensus towards a shared natural resource management vision from local to national and regional levels.
- Support multi-sector engagement in Multi-lateral and Regional Processes – such as the Convention on Biological Diversity post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework
- Begin engagement with relevant Ministries to enhance the inclusion of sustainability and natural capital priorities in developing the Sector Plans for MTP IV and resultant MTEF.
- Work on Advocacy for the increased resources to support conservation of natural resources through various platforms.
- Work with national platforms to identify key areas for engagement, especially in the water, wildlife, forestry, agriculture, mining, sanitation, manufacturing, and energy sectors.